Friday, May 28, 2010

Our Trip to DC -- Part I: The Nauvoo Temple

Daniel and I are on our way to D.C. for our summer internships and adventures. We decided that since it was already going to be a ridiculously long trip in the car, we would stop at some cool places along the way and make a trip of it. Yesterday, we drove ALL DAY LONG, through Eastern Utah, all of Wyoming, and half of Nebraska. Not exactly an exciting drive, if you ask me. Today, we drove most of the day, our final destination being Nauvoo, Illinois. We had scheduled an appointment with the Temple to do the last session, at 6pm, and we sped a little bit to make our deadline. ;) But, no tickets, ...yet!

The Nauvoo Temple is amazing! We felt so thrilled to be there! I've been to Nauvoo before, with my family 5 years ago. But now, I get to go into the Temple! It has a really special spirit about it, I think. Just knowing all of the sacrifice the saints went through to build their temple, and then having to leave it, following the prophet. It's just ... amazing, to me!


We are standing in front of the Temple here. I promise.


Statue of Joseph and Hyrum Smith, their last ride through Nauvoo.

1 comment: