Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My First Success...

... as a Seamstress!


When I graduated from High School, my mother bought me a sewing machine as a graduation present. Well, the above machine is not that which she bought me before. Long story short, she bought me the above machine (a Pfaff Creative 7510, or something) this summer, which is significantly better than the one she had bought me before. (did you get all that?)

I've been quite anxious to read about how to use it and to finish a project I started months ago at a Relief Society activity: namely, making a denim skirt out of an old beat up pair of jeans. Now that I have my own sewing machine, and in my possession (THANKS MOM!), I got to finish it the past couple of days.


It's not much, but I'm very excited about how it turned out! And I'm very impressed with my little machine!


Looking forward to many more fun and exciting projects to come!

3 comments:

  1. It looks great! I am oh so jealous! I miss my sewing machine! I'm currently hunting for one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie! Thanks for the message you left on my blog. I was totally having a lame-o day and it just made me smile! :) You rock. As does that skirt. I want it. I've been sewing more as well, I just love it! I'm excited to see more of your projects. Also, I like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see a picture of you modeling the skirt! I am so impressed. I only make clothes for Rayna because she doesn't care that they have mistakes everywhere. That looks awesome, and I'm glad you have a sewing machine these days! Haha.

    ReplyDelete