Thursday, February 14, 2013

I love, Love, LOVE being a MOTHER!

I had a little outing with a friend of mine, and we were having a fun and insightful conversation about motherhood. She is the mother of an adorable and energetic 4 year old boy, who keeps her really busy. She was telling me about all of the wonderful and hard things that she has learned being his mother, and how it'd the best thing she's done.

And I've been thinking a lot about how I've changed and the things I've learned in the few short months that I have been a mother. I think, after my decision to marry Daniel, it's the best decision I have made.

I think about all the women in the world who choose not to have children, for whatever reasons, or who postpone motherhood. And I feel sorry for them. They tend to think that a career is the most important work they will do, that they will find fulfillment in their jobs, and that their personal growth and development will be furthered by all of their education, traveling, etc. I don't think they could be more wrong. And I know they are missing out.

I LOVE being a mom! I don't have much experience under my belt, but the little that I have had has been challenging, hard, wonderful, and joyful. I am so in love with my baby! Who wouldn't love to wake up everyday to play and take care of this sweet thing?



 Who wouldn't love to walk into baby's room, first thing in the morning, to see a huge smile on her face, just because you came into the room? Who wouldn't love to sing and give baths and go on walks and read books, because baby loves doing those things? Who wouldn't love to look into the eyes of a sweet baby and see such adoration there?

It isn't easy. And heaven knows Brooke and I have had rough things to deal with already. But ... it's amazing! I've never known such joys or anxieties. Thrills or sorrows. Delights or worries. I just love to snuggle her, fall asleep with her, play with her, read to her. And what's more, I just have the hardest time not eating her everyday!

On this Valentine's Day, I feel ever so blessed to have 2 wonderful Valentines: the most wonderful husband and father, and the most beautiful, fun and special baby girl.


PS: Happy Valentine's Day to all my loved ones! I'm blessed to have you in my life!

3 comments:

  1. I totally get that. I always talk about how I just want to eat my kids. Especially their noses. But Dave doesn't appreciate my strange appetite. He thinks it's super weird. So I am glad to know that I have such a lovely kindred spirit in the...eh...baby eating department. :) Brooke is absolutely adorable. I need to come see her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! It's a wonder and a miracle these adorable babies make it past babyhood with everyone wanting to eat them up :) I'm the same way with my little guy :) Babies are just SO CUTE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan, you are the man! You, Leslie, and your baby look so good! Have a nice Sabbath!

    ReplyDelete