Sunday, March 23, 2014

Holbrook Update



I have been working like crazy!  Which is not unexpected during this time of year, but it's never easy.  The workload usually picks up between the middle and end of January and doesn't stop until April 15th.  I'm working 10-12 hours a day and then I work on Saturdays as well.  Sundays become even more important because it's my only real day to spend with Brooke and Leslie.

I'm thankful that I work with people that share and/or understand my values so I'm not expected to work on Sundays.  Despite my employers having the expectation of me working long hours during parts of the year, they are very family friendly and are considerate of family needs.  I even work with the Elder Quorum president and the Executive Secretary so it's not uncommon to get church assignments while I'm at work. 

Leslie has made it an annual tradition to take a trip to visit her family in Oregon/Washington while I'm working the long hours.  It's good for each of us; Leslie really enjoys seeing her family and I don't have to feel guilty about working late, but by the end of the trip we are missing each other desperately. 

Our garden has been progressing nicely  . .  .


Our first harvest!

Fruits of the harvest.

This was a delicious salad with green from the garden. Unfortunately Leslie was gone, so I enjoyed it all by myself.

When we went to the nursery to buy plants for our little yard, I asked them if tulips actually grow here, because it doesn't get cold.  The lady at the nursery suggested I put the tulip bulbs in the fridge for a while to trick them into thinking it's winter .  . .

These tulips were officially tricked!


No comments:

Post a Comment