Sunday, September 27, 2009

Just a Typical Weekend

A couple of weekends ago, Daniel and I, at the end of a busy week, had a busy weekend as well. I was studying a lot, and Dan was working for the army. At the end of Friday, Daniel decided to come home at the end of his training, and he called me ahead of time to tell me he was coming home. I started making dinner right away. It was nothing really special, a rice dish and some veggies. But I decided that, to spruce it up a bit, I would make a romantic picnic out of it. I laid out a blanket in the living room and lit some candles, whipped out some Martinelli's and some goblets. After dinner, we roasted marshmellows over the candles. But it did not turn out as we expected. First of all, it took forever to roast a marshmellow. It kind of bubbled on one tiny spot, and when it started to burn, we had to turn it and roast/burn another part. Eventually, we felt it was roasted enough to eat, and so...we ate. What we were unaware of was that our candles were scented, and our marshmellows tasted like our candles! It was kind of flowery. Suffice it to say, we won't be roasting marshmellows over candles anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment