Sunday, November 15, 2009

Our House ... In the middle of a street.

The other night, as I was trying to fall asleept, I was thinking about our little apartment and how much we love it! It's so cute and cozy! It's OLD, and it has some really fun features, but we really like it, and we really like the complex. We feel really fortunate and blessed to be living in such a great place.
When we first moved in, and saw the place all empty, and AS IS, we sort of rethought our plan (even though it was far too late). But after we got all moved in, we really started to like it. And now we LOVE it. Anway, so I thought I would give you all a little tour. Please keep your arms and legs within the vehicle when in motion, and enjoy!

This is our living/family room. It's not very big. You can't see it, but we have two really big couches (both of which we got for 100 bucks from the people who lived here previously...not bad!), and they are really squished and taking up, like, half of the room. It's kind of funny.
This is our "dining room". It has our dining table, so I guess we could call it that. But it's mainly a run-off of the living room. Sorry, the salt and pepper shakers are stealing the show here! They're such show-offs!

This is a shot of our tiny kitchen...There I am, pretending to do something useful! It's really a tiny kitchen. No big deal. One of my favorite features of our house is in the kitchen. Keep reading!

Our bedroom... not much to say about it. That pink quilt is only temporary. We have an AWESOME quilt coming soon, so Dan won't have to sleep under something pink anymore. Poor guy! He doesn't mind much, though.
Bathroom and laundry and extra bedroom (mostly used as extra storage). We are so lucky that we have laundry machines! Thanks to Mom and Dad Holbrook!

Daniel's reading a book on being romantic. Dang, he's a good one.
Okay, now is the fun part. There are a few interesting parts of our apartment, but that we really love, mostly because they make us laugh.
First of all, I don't know if this is a good picture, but our living room carpet is SO awesome. It's, like turquoisey green, but it's color fades from darker to lighter around the whole carpet (that's on purpose, I'm pretty sure). And there are these deep ravines in some funky pattern in it. This is where those deep shadows are in the picture. I think when Dan first saw this part, he was rethinking the apartment. Now its just a fun conversational piece.
This is our oven/stove, my favorite part. Look at it! It's BROWN! It just exudes age and experience, doesn't it? It functions just fine, which is great. Sometimes the door to the oven falls off, but that's just funny. LOVE IT!
Okay, now, look how HIGH these cupboards are! Anyone reading this blog knows how short I am. Why does every place of dwelling have cupboards, like, 7 feet high up? They're like 5 stories up! No one but people, like, 10 feet or taller can reach those upper shelves! And then what about us shorties? It's quite a dilemma wherever I go. I have to jump up on counters or get a chair. Good stuff. At least I get some exercise climbing up on stuff.
And another picture showing how high it is.
So, in order to fix this problem that we have...Daniel bought me a tiny stool:
It's not very big, but it does the trick. It just sits in the kitchen, floats around to different places. I trip on it every once in a while. But it's my trusty little kitchen helper. No more jumping on counters for me, thank you! I've got little Fiona to help me (no I didn't really name it, ...but I'm thinking about it).
And that concludes our tour of the Holbrook Home. Thank you and come again!


2 comments:

  1. i love you guys! maybe some day i will come and visit you :) when school is not taking over my life, maybe?

    ReplyDelete