Sunday, June 6, 2010

Adventures in DC

We got here late on Monday night ... really late. And the next few days were spent getting our stuff unpacked and our apartment ready. We also got to spend some time with Michael, Michelle, Damon and Brixton, and Bowman, Stephanie and Rayna, which was so fun! We feel so blessed to live close to some family!

My internship started this past Thursday. And, again, I am working for Health Fitness Corporation stationed at Freddie Mac. So, I will be teaching fitness classes and doing some training...basically working in a gym. My first few days were just training stuff, none too exciting. But I did take a couple of classes and observed one of my work-mates do some personal training. The cool thing about working in a fitness center is that I get to take all sorts of cool classes for free! And then soon, hopefully, I'll get to start teaching some of my own. But that'll be in a little while, I'm sure.

Daniel doesn't start his internship til this week, so he has been doing little things around the house while I've been at work: arranging our apartment and cleaning up a bit, getting the tv set up... you know, manly things. He even made his own tv antenna! He looked up videos on Youtube about making your own antenna, and he just decided to do it! Look at how clever he is!
This is the first one he did. It's main part is made of a hat hanger that he found around here, and he just tied wires to it. This one worked just fine, but Daniel wanted to make a better one. So...


...this is his second one. We get about 25 stations from it, which I think is SO cool! We don't watch tv much anyway, so that's fine with us (there's nothing good on, anyway), and we saved 40 bucks! He's so clever!

1 comment: