Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My New Favorite Bug

I hate bugs! But there are a select few that I do like: ladybugs, butterflies, rolly-pollies, boxelder bugs, etc. You know, all the cute, pretty ones.

But, now, I've found a new favorite bug: Lightning Bugs!!








When Daniel and I come home in the evening from some of our adventures, lightning bugs are always out, and they are so cute, twinkling in the twilight. One night, we went out to the backyard and laid down in the hammock for a little while, just to watch the lightning bugs blink. They look like little Christmas lights in the trees and it's so fun.

I was thinking one day that God probably planned out certain things, certain creations, just to make us happy and to make us remember Him. Like sunsets and rain. Well, I'm convinced that God put these little bugs on the earth just to make us happy and to remind us of how good life is! They sure do cheer ME up! I love them!

4 comments:

  1. such a cute post. The fire-flies were one of those things that we never really expected when moving here. Definitely one perk about the East Coast! ignore the humidity (yeah right!) - we've got cool bugs out here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lightning bugs make me happy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I DEFIANTLY have to agree with that! When I came out here and found that they had lightning bugs I was so happy. Every time I see one, I have to smile. I hope you are having fun in DC. We can't wait to see you guys when we both get back. Take care!

    ReplyDelete