Sunday, March 27, 2011

All Dogs Go To Heaven?

This last week, I had a 3-day job as a receptionist at a local apartment complex. I've been doing lots of temporary jobs lately, and mainly what it comes down to is this: I have very few tasks to do at most of these jobs, and am left with hours upon hours of sitting there waiting for something to happen. So, early on in my temporary jobs job, I learned to find ways to occupy myself while working. Mostly, I read. Last week, I got much reading done!

On my third day there, however, I decided to do a little research. I've wanted a dog for the past few months, and so I thought, since I didn't have much else to do, I would get on the internet and do my research. I looked up pictures and temperaments, dogs good with children, dogs that don't shed, etc., etc., etc.

When I was in High School, I thought it would be so cool to have one of these:

This is a Great Dane. They're huge, which makes me wanting one slightly ironic. Pretty cool, though, don't you think?

Well, I've grown up since High School (at least I'd like to think so...), and I now have different taste. I looked up some lap dogs. They fit me more, right? Since they're tiny?

My parents have had these two dogs:

A Toy Poodle (it wasn't pink, though ... unfortunately. I think it adds something, don't you?), and,

... a Shi Tzuh (a cute little guy, but very annoying... and smelly).

Now, since Daniel's mission, he's thought that these dogs are pretty cool:


The Rottweiler.
They always freaked me out. I'm not sure I could go with one of these. I guess we'll see.

These are some of the dogs I've looked into. I think they're adorable. What do you think? Which one would you choose?


Pug & Maltese



New Guinea Singing Dog & Vizsla

2 comments:

  1. Maltese! Or Toy Huskies (can't remember what they are really called). I really like Sister Waggener's (sp) dogs. Ask mom what kind they are. Love the pink poodle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your drop kick dogs! haha

    ReplyDelete