Saturday, November 2, 2013

Leslie and Daniel

We don't blog about ourselves much these days because Brooke is so much more fun to blog about.  So here is a short post about us.  Our lives aren't very exciting right now; so there isn't much to say.  It's nice though to not have any drama in our lives.

The happy couple.


Leslie is loving being a mom and spending time at home with Brooke. She has been doing some fun sewing and craft projects (including patching my shirts . . . repeatedly).  Leslie was called to be in the Relief Society presidency of our ward a couple months ago, so that keeps her busy.  It's something very new for her and a big learning experience.  We still don't know a lot of people in our ward here, but our callings are forcing us to meet new people.  Leslie has been making many delicious vegan recipes.  I like to eat healthy as well, so I enjoy the vegan diet that she's imposed on our family.

I am doing well.  I mostly work and then come home and hang out with Leslie and Brooke. My work is going well; I have great co-workers, so it's nice to be somewhere that I feel comfortable.  For those of you that don't know, at work I do taxes, audits, consulting, and bookkeeping. It's nice to have a good variety of things to do at work despite not being able to specialize in anything.  September was a busy work month that included a lot of late nights and working on Saturdays, but now I shouldn't be working overtime until sometime in January when tax season picks up.

We have been doing some 30 day exercise challenges together; its a good way to motivate each other to exercise and it's fun to be doing something together.  So far we have done an ab challenge and an arm challenge. We are almost done with the beach body challenge; it's our least favorite.  Actually the beach body challenge isn't a favorite at all; it's mostly miserable exercises that don't make us feel like we're getting any stronger.  So now we're on the lookout for our next 30 day challenge.

We also have a couple of tv shows that we enjoy watching together, one of which is "Lark Rise to Candleford". I guess we consider those nights that we watch it our date nights, seeing as we don't get out much anymore. We don't have many nights during the week when we are together; I go out with the missionaries every week for my calling, and Leslie has meetings. It's a bit different than we are used to.

We still like each other a lot. :) Life is good. We're happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment