Sunday, November 27, 2011

Conversation at the Dinner Table

(Eating seeded grapes the size of your fist)

Leslie: Oh, these are seeded grapes.

Daniel: No, technically they're un-seeded grapes. Because for "seeded grapes", they'd have to add the seeds to the grapes.

Leslie: Now, I don't understand this. You swallow the seeds in watermelons, but spit out these grape seeds.

Daniel: These are a lot bigger and harder than watermelon seeds.

Leslie: No, they're not!

Daniel: Besides, everyone knows that watermelon seeds don't grow in your stomach and out your ears. But grape seeds do.

Leslie: Out your ears?!?

Daniel: Yea, ya know ... the vines come out of your ears here and then the grapes dangle out. (We laugh. You should be too, with a mental image like that.) I'm surprised you never learned that in all your biology classes.

Leslie: Oh, well, I never took "The World According to Daniel".

Daniel: Right.

Leslie: Well, I guess I'm taking that now.


Go ahead and covet dinner-time at the Holbrook's, where every meal-time conversation is deep and intellectual.

1 comment:

  1. This made me smile. We miss you guys. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete