Thursday, November 17, 2011

Grampa-isms Part 2

Grampa-isms:

Daniel: Look, Grampa, there's a cat behind you, in the window.
Grampa (looking behind himself): Oh, look at that, there is!
Daniel: What should we do with it?
Grampa: Shoot it!

Daniel: Here, take your pills.
Grampa: No, they're for you. You're young and I'm a little older than you; you should take the pills.
Daniel: How much older are you than me?
Grampa: Oh, maybe 2 or 3 years.

Daniel: I think I'm going running.
Grampa: By yourself?
Daniel: You wanna come?
Grampa: If you don't run too fast.
Daniel: Do you like to run?
Grampa: I like a fast walk.
(If you could only see what a fast walk looks like ...)

(Grampa has chocolate all over his chin)
Daniel: Grampa, have you been eating ice cream?
Grampa (very seriously): No, I haven't had any.

Grampa (at church, in priesthood meeting, very loudly): Look at that big man on that little table! He's going to break that table!

At church on Sunday, a woman came up to Daniel and told him that in an earlier meeting, she walked by Grampa, and he reached over and pinched her bum. Good thing she was good-humored about it. It could've been an unnecessarily awkward situation. ... Oh wait ...

Grampa: Oh, boy, it's cold, I'm froze!
Leslie: Would you like a jacket?
Grampa: Yes, please.
(Leslie helps him on with his jacket)
Grampa: Oh, boy! Oh, boy! You saved my life!
(Drama-King -- His drama could rival my sister's)

Leslie: Grampa, are you still hungry? Would you like some more dinner?
Grampa: No, I'm not hungry.
Leslie: Well, do you need some ice cream?
Grampa (breaking out into a big grin): Yes, I would like some ice cream!

Grampa has a pronounced sweet-tooth. It's clearly visible when anything sweet is in view ... or in question. His whole world brightens when ice cream is in consideration. It's really cute to see his reaction!

Another time, Grampa kissed a fly-swatter. And then he tried to kiss me. You can imagine how that went over.

2 comments: