Monday, November 14, 2011

Denim Rag Quilt

So, I have been working on a raggedy quilt of late, made out of old jeans. It's been a long project, and I'm still not finished with it. But my mother asked to see pictures of what has been done so far. So, this is me fulfilling that request. 

I tried doing the diagonal stripes thing ... but I wasn't that into it.

I tried flipping blocks over to show the flannel that I love (that's the backing) ... but that was over-kill.
This is the final setting (see how I used quilting terminology, Mom?): completely random. If you can call it random, I did place them that way intentionally.
All the rows, sewn together.

Sewn rows laid out. Next step: sewing the rows together.

I will post more pictures of the completed project. I'm very excited! Raggedy quilts are so cozy, aren't they? I think it's going to turn out smashing!!

1 comment:

  1. 1) I love that you used the word "smashing" and I may have to copy you and use it too. :)
    2) CUUUUUUUUTE! I love it. Excited to see the finished product.
    3) I'm diggin' your fall background.
    4) I like you.
    THE END.

    ReplyDelete