Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Grampa-isms Part 1

A few months ago, about the time we first moved here, I began a new feature in my journal. I call it "Grampa-isms", and I'd like to share it with you. It basically consists of sections of my journal that I devote to writing down funny things that Grampa says or does. And so, without further adieu ...
Grampa-isms:

Grampa (grabbing my thigh): That's a nice leg!

Grampa: How long is your arm?
Leslie (sticking my arm out and in his face): About this long.
Grampa (running his fingers up my arm, from finger tips to shoulder, measuring it with his arms): Yea, that's a good length ... seems right.

(A few days later) Leslie: Grampa, how long is your arm?
Grampa (giving me a look of utter incredulity): How long is my arm?!? (shaking his head, he held out his arm) Like this. (Acting as though it were the craziest question in the world, not realizing that he'd asked me that before!)

Leslie: How do you feel?
Grampa (running his fingers up and down my arm and face): Like this, with my fingers!

Daniel: How old do you think you'll live to?
Grampa: Heck (yes, he really said "heck"), I might live to 100.
Daniel: How old do you think you'll live to? What age?
Grampa: Oh, about to 70. Don't you think that'd be good?

Grampa: I can't tell a potato chip from a horse kip.

Leslie: Grampa, are you crazy?
Grampa: A little bit, a little bit crazy.

Leslie: How old are you? Are you 25?
Grampa: No, not that young. I'm about 38.
Leslie: What if you were 95?
Grampa: Oh, no! I'm definitely not that old!

Grampa (looking at a picture of himself): That man there is balding ... and that's me!

Leslie: Good-bye, Grampa!
Grampa: Good-bye, Gramma!

Daniel: Look at that ant.
Grampa (squishes it): It's gone now.

Grampa: Well, I'm going to bed. There's no point staying up for you! You (pointing to Daniel) can take care of yourself. And you (pointing at me) don't need anybody to take care of you. So, I'm goin' to bed!

Grampa: I'm hungry. But I can't say anthing.
Aunt Liz: Oh, you're full of bologne!
Grampa: Well, that's what I've been eating.

Grampa (to me): You're a clown! (I don't even remember what I was doing to deserve this title. But at least it was probably making him smile.)

Grampa: Bob, I've lost my mind.
Uncle Bob: Have you?
Grampa: Yes, and after breakfast, I'm going to go find it.

And, just for good measure, a picture of The Old Man himself.


For whatever reason, this particular day, he thought it would be a good idea to wear 2 slippers on his left foot. He was like this pretty much all day!

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, those are so funny. Do you just laugh all day?! (cute pic at the top of your blog too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were so hilarious. Love the "how do you feel" one... Hahaha!

    Also, your new blog look is adorable!

    ReplyDelete